Field AH-5 Height Controller for UZZ31
Although 3rd party height controllers such as the Field AH-5 are readily available for UZZ31 Soarers, they do not appear to be compatible with UZZ32 Soarers.
Wiring appears to consist of:
- 4 inputs
- 4 outputs
Power and ground pins are spliced into the existing circuit. The others appear to be a case of diverting the 4 x sensor inputs into the controller and then sending the (modified) values into the Soarer's suspension controller.
- PIN B2 (Purple wire) - SHFR = Suspension Height Front Right ?
- PIN B3 (Pink wire) - SHRR = Suspension Height Rear Right ?
- PIN B10 (Green wire) - SHFL = Suspension Height Front Left?
- PIN B11 (Blue wire) - SHRL = Suspension Height Rear Left ?
- PIN A14 (Black wire) - assumed to be earth but does not seem to match with diagram
- PIN A8 (Red wire) - assumed to be ignition but does not seem to match with diagram
All other wires appear to be straight pass-through for connectors A and B, except for the handful of pins (A7, A18, A19, A21 and B4) that are not used. Connectors C and D are not used at all by this controller.
References that may assist those considering building their own controllers include: