The 1991 Toyota Soarers, including the UZZ32 model, was the first production vehicle in the world to offer a reversing camera.
If your UZZ32 does not have a reversing camera, one can be added:
- The factory wiring allows for the connection of the optional camera and associated controller box
- An aftermarket camera can be used without the controller box, by simply connecting to the wiring in the booth
- If the factory camera and/or controller have failed, an aftermarket camera may be installed in the factory camera housing in the spoiler, thus preserving the original look
Note: from 8/1996, a design change to spoilers and wiring removed the reversing camera option.
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backup_camera, accessed 2023-05-11
- http://soarercentral.com/sc-forum/messages/282/24756.html, accessed 2023-05-11
- http://soarercentral.com/sc-forum/messages/283/92631.html, accessed 2023-05-11