EMV - Elektro Multi Vision
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Elektro Multi Vision interface consists of an LCD screen with touch screen functionality and is used for:
- Climate Control
- Satellite Navigation (not compatible with newer systems such as GPS)
- Audio controls (AM & FM Radio, CD stacker, DSP)
- TV (Japanese NTSC system)
- Trip Computer showing eg Fuel Consumption, distance to empty, most recent trips
- Service Reminders
- Calendar and electronic personal organiser
- System diagnostics
- Reversing camera display (if the vehicle is fitted with the opional reversing camera)
- Display of auxilliary video input (if fitted with optional connector)
- The EMV normally displays black text on a white background but automatically reverses the colour scheme when lights are turned on or when the vehicles enters a dark area such as eg passing under a bridge.
- For safety, the TV (and auxilliary video inputs) will be disabled when the vehicle is moving. Some vehicles are known to have been rewired to bypass this, which may be appropriate when used to display after-market GPS data on the EMV screen.